Vans' 50th Birthday Bash @ House of Vans Kuala Lumpur




      Last Saturday, 19 March Enni and I went to House of Vans in Kuala Lumpur to experience something new. I have been addicted to Vans' shoes since years ago because of their cool design and just recently I bought myself an original one in Barcelona. Yay for my first baby! It was dirt cheap compared to what they sell in Malaysia and the design were pretty boring down here I tell ya. Kalau tengok whatever they have online, memang boleh salivate or maybe it is just me.

       Although the event was open to public but what I wanted to do with Enni were on a first come first serve basis and need to register few weeks before. I didn't tell Enni where're we going since day 1 I got the tickets konon nak surprise. Even I had no clue what to expect actually.

      House of Vans opened its door at 3pm. We got there around 3.10pm but the line was already crazy long. We didn't know what the line is for until we got up close. It was for the first 100th people; we got a canvas bag where we could choose what to be print on it. The printing (or stamped) process made then and there. No wonderlah beratur lama.





 

      Both of us (and most of the attendees) opt for the Vans 50 Years' design. Other designs were of quirky cartoons. Tak comel so not my cup of tea. Haha. We got to try out the printing/stamping thingy on our own though and that's cool.

      Then it is time for Enni's surprise. I registered us for the DIY Slip-On Shoes Workshop. Enni was like "omg nooo omg omg nooo Nadee whyyy?" cause she feels she is not creative enough. I know if I told her earlier, she will back off. Miahahaha I'm a genius like that. The tak best thing was I thought it was a workshop where we would learn how and the to-do's of designing Vans' Slip-Ons. Meh. Rupanya it was pure competition.



      We were given a goodie bag for participation and this white A3 size cardboard-y thing. It's of smooth surface and we need to colour in (design) the shoe. I was bummed sebab berangan nak buat Galaxy design but since we were provided with Magic Pen only where it's almost impossible to blend 2/3 colours together, kena fikir design lain. Lama juga fikir what to do and to think we're only given 30 minutes to be done with it, lagilah gelabah kucing jadinya. Enni dekat sebelah dah start bebel-bebel how I should give her a head's up and all. Sorry not sorry. :p


After somewhat 25 minutes, I managed to buat ni.

 
Enni's. xD

      This is mine after patching up. Ta-da! Not bad for an immature tangan kayu kan? There is a contest as per mentioned but both of us decided to go before the announcement made. Sebab ada Instagram contest untuk ni juga. Maybe our luck is for that one instead? Tunggu jela announcement. Tu pun kalau menang. Be sure to check out my Instagram to give out some love - @nadeenuts. Everyone else's design really put ours to shame though, tak tipu. Sumpah cantik. Ada saw this one lady drew a very majestic lion's head dead centre of the shoe. Tu pun one of the reason kenapa we decided to leave early. Hahaha sadis.

Gantung mine for this photo sake only

Enni with hers.

 
      And of course, time to capture some memories around the ground. We were actually hoping for a sale or some sort going on, tapi once again, bummer.

 
Met my beautiful buddy from high school! Shout out to Ezyan! :*







We could be eating those good looking Waffle Grip but nooope, the waffle iron's having a crisis. -.-




      We had our late brunch at IOI City Mall. Thanks for the treat Enni. May Allah bless you with so much wealth. So boleh belanja lagi. Haha. ;)


 

 

      All in all it was a great experience. We weren't press for time thus queueing up for almost 40 minutes wasn't that bad. The 'workshop' were hilarious though. Both of us kelam-kabut trying our best to give birth to a masterpiece. And of course, having to let loose with Enni. Thank you babe. Looking forward to our next outing!


What's in the goodie bag you ask? Nothing much. Loads of stickers and not-a-notebook.

 









 See you again.
Assalamualaikum.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Date

Gila Meroyan

CAMPING